Wild Card Information

For all leagues with advancement beyond the local league, teams that win their local league qualify to advance to the next round. The next round could be Flight Playoffs or Districts. When necessary to achieve a specific number of teams for Districts, wild card teams may be invited to participate in Flight Playoffs or Districts.  It will be the sole discretion of the Championship Committee to decide if wild card teams are invited to participate.

NOTE: Should a 1st place team or a wild card team be unable to participate, the Championship Committee will decide which team (if any) will receive the opportunity to fill the vacant spot. The next team from the same flight does not automatically get to fill the spot of the team that cannot participate.

USTA Colorado League Staff will contact team captains directly if their team is drawn to receive a wild card. Flights that receive wild cards will no longer be published online. (Effective since 2015 League Season)


 
Wild Card Selection Procedure
All leagues WITHOUT Flight Playoffs

Wild card teams will be randomly drawn from a statewide pool based on this chart.
If level has... Denver-Metro receives... Outlying Areas receive...
1 wild card 75% chance 25% chance
2 wild cards 1 + 50% chance for 2nd 50% chance for 1 wild card
3 wild cards 2 wild cards 1 wild card
4 wild cards 3 wild cards 1 wild card
5 wild cards 4 wild cards 1 wild card

 

Wild Card Selection Procedure
All leagues WITH Flight Playoffs

The total number of wild cards provided will be determined based off of the number of teams needed to make ideal flight sizes during Districts. It will be the sole discretion of the Championship Committee to decide if wild card teams are invited to participate.
Copyright © 2022 Colorado Tennis Association. All rights reserved.
 

 
 
 
 
Close